Industry 4.0 - Smart Plant
Precise Gob Management for BB operation
Plunger cylinder sensor technology is a well-proven function of the Heye Process Control, supervising and adjusting PB and NNPB production processes. The camera-based weight control of the Heye GobMaster now closes the gap for processes operating in BB.
Get the benefits!
The camera-based system offers the possibility to determine and control the gob weight and favourably exploits the additionally generated data for all production processes. Two cameras placed underneath the shears act as sensors, generating 3D gob images. The software logic determines geometric data of these digital 3D models, such as length, diameter, position and tilt angle. This data ultimately calculates the gob volume and weight.
In real-time, the cameras monitor the gob shape and where malfunctions or deviations are identified, the system immediately reacts and the Heye Process Control directly initiates rejection of the article at the hot end. Consequently, Heye stepper motors automatically correct these deviations by mechanically adjusting tube height and plunger position.
- new technology applicable for heavy and premium articles (BB operation)
- stable gob weight
- reproducible gob shape and weight
- early recognition of malfunctions
- quick reaction in case of malfunctions
- stable production process
- improved efficiency and quality
- real-time monitoring
- added value for PB and NNPB (measurement of gob shape and gob fall)
- no waste of energy or raw materials due to data inaccuracies